CLIQUE4YOURSELF ❝ welcome ❞   |   about us  ·   fashion   ·   random thoughts  ·   food   ·   beauty   · follow ·   #FridayForAll  





A lifestyle blog run by 7 passionate ladies to spread positive vibes into everyone's life



Extras
free hits
Track My Website
  The ultimate sine qua non of a fashionista
I was bummed.

What should I publish next? It was after a few hours of heart to heart talk with the ceiling that I came up with a marvelous idea.

I tried to situate myself, where I was 3 to 4 years ago, in my bell bottom jeans that didn’t go well with my hot pink blouse (as far as I can remember, I was trying to pull off a Britney Spears look :p ).

This was the IT thing back in 2011 okay. I swear

That, bespoke my poor sense of fashion back in the days. What made me took the leap? What triggered me to change my sense of fashion? Raging hormones? Competition? Trying to impress a guy?

No. Tidak. Hindi. .

It was  CONFIDENCE.

The ultimate sine qua non of a fashionista. I gained confidence, so I reshaped and refashioned. So here I am, trying to help you, you and you, gain that Kanye kind of confidence before anything else. Hit the core, and you’re ready to go.

For this week’s post, I have personally handpicked four beautiful, smart and charismatic ladies with an exquisite sense of style to enlighten all of our readers about confidence. I have prepared three simple questions for these bombshells ;

Question 1: 
Why do you like to dress up nicely? What triggered you to present yourself as you are right now, with your strong sense of fashion?

Question 2: 
Do you put everyone else’s critics (either good or bad) on how you dress up into your consideration or thoughts?

Question 3: 
Do you have any fashion icon that you look up to? Why?

Pen and papers ready?
…………………………………………………………………………………………………………
1. Naizatul Saiyidah (Student, Personal Assistant & Entreprenuer, 20)



Answer 1
It’s a basic practice to present your best self to the society. Adding up to that, I’m surrounded by people that has always been my inspiration and I believe I have the same importance too of being an inspiration to others

Answer 2: 
Second question, I would take the criticism into consideration but I wouldn't let it to alter my style.

Answer 3:
I have too many fashion icons I look up to! Here’s my seven fashion icons ; Twiggy, Alexa Chung, Lady Gaga, Rihanna (Riri), Kate Moss, Kendall Jenner and Marilyn Monroe. Well basically, they inspire me so much because they stick to their fashion sense and style, that makes me feel daring and challenged with whatever I chose to wear daily because I always wear what I feel like whether I feel emotional or happy.

* Check out Naizatul's official social media accounts ; 
 Twitter : @ns261195
 Instagram : @saiyidah95



2. Hanna Shah (Student & Business Woman, 22)



Answer 1: 
Dressing up nicely boost up my level of self-confidence which is very important to me because now that I am currently having my own Instagram shop designing my own line of shawls & clothing, I feel the need to dress up nicely whenever I go out meeting up with customers and bumping into strangers, also when I am at home because to feel good and to look good is like rewarding yourself and accepting yourself completely. On the other hand, it’s a joy to me whenever people say I look good in what I am wearing even if I cover my hair with hijab.  I love to see my fellow sisters with nice dressing yet still able to cover their aurah properly, which is the reason why I think that dressing up nicely won’t make me less of a muslimah.

Answer 2: 
Yes if it happens to be positive and a 100% no if it’s a bad criticism. Responding to bad critics or any negativity will only cause me harm, at least in my opinion. But so far, I have never reciereceived only good compliments. It’s always fun to mix and match your clothes from old vintage to modern. I share my clothes with my mom, we happen to have the same size which is a good thing because I get to share mostly every attire together, including hijab which is a good thing!

Answer 3: 

Yes, I have a lot actually but I’ll choose the best four that I love the most. They are Zaskia Sungkar, Shireen Sungkar from Indonesia and also our Malaysian sweethearts, Neelofa and Vivy Yusof. I have never go a day without stalking their Instagram account. I love to keep track to what they are up to, daily. They are also the reason why I started up my own brand line because  they inspires me, so much.

* Hanna’s clothing line, Hanna & Janes, is currently selling modest and presentable jubah together with shawls that are totally affordable for everyone. Check out their Instagram shop : @hanna.janes
*Check out Hanna's official social media accounts ;
Twitter : @hannaashah
Instagram : @hannashah_



3. Rifqah Sait ( Student, 18)



Answer 1:
Well, it is never easy to answer the question "Why do I like to dress up nicely? Why am I so into fashion?" because different people have different point of views. Firstly, I love to dress up myself not because I want to impress the others, but simply because I want to boost up my confidence. Fashion isn't just about the 'trends'. It is about being yourself, your own unique self & creating your own remarkable styles. Most of all, you have to be comfortable in what you are wearing. That is what fashion really is, being comfortable & confident. Besides, I want to show&prove to the whole world that you don't need to spend thousands to get a nice outfit. You just have to practise how to search nice outfits while spending a little amount of your money or mix&match those clothes/pants/jeans/skirts in your closet && 'tadaaa', you are ready to shine yourself! Lastly but not least, life is just too short to be an ordinary person, so be bold! Oh well, everyone deserves to look the best at all the times, so yeah.

Answer 2: 
I usually don't mind what people say about my sense of fashion. I just wear what I really want. I know every each of us has been through that phase when people keep talking bad about our outfits, but why do we even bother about those kind of people who don't bring any profits to our life, right? Oh well, be a trend setter not a trend follower! So just be yourself because every girls deserves to be pretty in her own way.

Answer 3: 
I love Audrey Hepburn. She is definitely one of my fashion icons! I love everything about her. I love how she dresses herself & how she looks very beautiful&elegant in every outfits she wears && also one of her quotes that says; "Elegance is the only beauty that never fades" is totally one of my favourite quotes.

* Check out Rifqah's official social media accounts ;

Twitter : @rifqahsait
Instagram : @rifqahsait 

4. Klaudia Athmat ( Student, 19)


 

Answer 1: 
I  wouldn’t call my fashion statement a strong one, to be honest I wouldn’t even call it a fashion statement at all. I guess I don’t see myself as someone with a good fashion taste to the point where someone would look up to me and be inspired by the outfits I chose, to be honest I did not expected to be approached at all pertaining to this topic though I am deeply humbled. So thank you so much girls! Haha. I’m just the same girl who grew up dressing herself up instead of Barbie dolls. No matter how cheap or expensive a clothing is, if you know how to put it together, then you’re definitely on the right track. You can have all the money in the world to keep up with the latest fashion, but you can never buy style. Like the cliché line goes, keep it classy, never trashy! ;)

Answer 2: 
I usually dress as I please without giving a second thought about what others might think ( Excluding my family, their opinion  matters lol) in my perspective if it doesn’t affect their lives, why bother what they think about you right? You are your own person – you are you. Not even quarter of the other person who tells you how to dress up according to their satisfaction. You went through YOUR own ups and downs. You should be confident in your own skin, learn to love your body. Why does their opinion have to be taken into account for? Try not to be heavily influenced by what the media tells you, they prioritize “perfection” and not happiness. Look at fashion as some type of art, just pieces of clothings paired together. Make an effort to look presentable or eye catchy.

Answer 3: 
Not any that I check up on every day, but I do love Vanessa Hudgen’s bohemian gypsy goodness inspired look during Coachella. Audrey Hepburn would always be the epitome of elegant to me. I usually just see what I like, pick it off the shelf. I can’t explain my style, everyone has their own individual taste – each to their own. Guess that’s what makes everyone unique in their own way.

*Check out Klaudia's official social media accounts :
Twitter : @bringthatsexy
Instagram : @klaudiaxak

……………………………………………………………………………………………………..........
phewh… I went all “aww!”  and “omg.. I know right!” throughout my read. I have to say that I am  really amazed and exhilarated by my friends’ answers. It made me feel certain and overwhelmed that I have chosen the right role model  for all of you readers (I mean look at them….such inspiring yet humble people!!) 

Take it from my personal view ladies and gents, confidence is the key to everything. Confidence will be your supreme barrier, your superior shield from shitload of bad criticsm and insecurities when you try to present yourself in a better manner. A strong statement, that's what I call it. I could give you 1 million dollar and lock you up in a H&M store to buy everything you want... but without confidence in your own judgements, and actually believe that you can pull off everything you chose, what's there to talk about? You'll end up walking unconfidently and sheepishly in a beautiful dress!! We don't want that, do we? 


Hopefully this article will help all of you unleash that inner confidence! Thank you for reading and have a good day :) 



F&M

Labels:

Post a Comment



< O L D E R P O S T | N E W E R P O S T >