CLIQUE4YOURSELF ❝ welcome ❞   |   about us  ·   fashion   ·   random thoughts  ·   food   ·   beauty   · follow ·   #FridayForAll  





A lifestyle blog run by 7 passionate ladies to spread positive vibes into everyone's life



Extras
free hits
Track My Website
  Mad Ben Cafe
Hello readers!

I apologise as I have not been posting anything on food because I could not even take out my laptop to write. Laptops attract my little brother and he would slam things on my keyboard and even pull my laptop to where ever he wants. (Yes guys, please put the blame on my little bro) (Ok, just kidding)

Anyway, any idea what my post is about? Hehe.

Few weeks ago, my girls and I tried this newly opened cafe in Gaya Street. It’s called Mad Ben. Did you guys ever passed by this cafe maybe while looking for a parking spot to satisfy your pizza cravings in Pizza Hut? Or maybe to go for a massage in Gaya Reflexology? Haha guys, piece of advise, next time you’re hungry and happens to pass by this cafe, ENTER THE CAFE. Why? Well, I’m going to tell you why, now!

But before that, I shall let you people know where the location of Mad Ben is.
Mad Ben is in Gaya Street. It is located opposite to a pharmacy beside Pizza Hut. This cafe is in between a restaurant and a souvenir shop that has a huge durian “model” on top. Can you KK people recall the place?

No worries, here’s a picture ---



Also, I’ll also put in the location map --- (Map is by Google Maps)



Cafe address: 121, Jalan Gaya, 88000 Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, Malaysia.

Operating hours: Monday to Friday : 11.00 am until 11.00 pm
                            Saturday and Sunday: 5.00 pm until 12.00 am


Well to me, I love this place! Only been here once and it has got me, really. The interior design of the cafe is really nice and comfortable. It is definitely a good place to have your lunch and dinner dates with your loved ones. It is suitable for a mini birthday surprise or a celebratory lunch/dinner.

The food? Oh, the best part. They have the best lamb in town in my opinion. The price is really reasonable too! Here’s a snip of the menu:




Alright... On that day, we ordered these three lamb dishes – Lamb Shoulder, Lamb Burrito & Lamb Pizza. We also ordered a few other dishes that taste good too!



#1: Lamb Shoulder
 {Price: RM20}

The meat is really juicy and succalent. We loved it! You can choose to have this with french fries or mashed potato. Both definitely goes well with this lamb dish! Mint sauce is a bit strong to some people. But overall, this dish is worth your money!





#2: Lamb Burrito
{Price: RM12}

This one tastes amazing too! It’s the best solution if you’re broke and you crave for something lamb. Haha! That’s what I did the other day and I did not regret it. Superb! The lamb is beautifully grilled, has some greens and also, mint sauce. Not to forget, the tortilla has this soft velvet feel to it and it doesn’t crack easily.  




#3: Lamb Pizza
{RM 14.90}

This lamb pizza is a thin-crust pizza and it is not bad! All I can say is, if you’re a lamb lover, ORDER THIS ONE!



#4: Chicken Schnitzel
{RM 16}

This dish is pounded chicken breast. Chicken meat is succalent but a little bit dry, in my opinion. For this dish, you can also choose between french fries or mashed potato.




#5: Fish and Chips
{RM 22}

This one... I don’t know if it has always been that way because the fish is quite dry. Not like we expected it to be. And again, you can choose to have this with french fries or mashed potato. As you can see in the picture, my friend decided to have it with mashed potato. (Mashed potato is superb!)



#6: Chicken Burrito
{RM 11}

The chicken chunks for this dish is juicy and the aioli sauce inside the burrito is spot on! The tortilla is not hard or chewy, it’s just nice.


{Close up picture of the well-seasoned fries)


What’s a perfect course without dessert? Right?


#7: Pavlova
{RM 12}


It has whipped cream, syrup, fresh fruits and meringue cookie on top. The syrup is not too sweet, it's a perfect combination with the fresh fruits. Meringue cookie is lovely, it's not too crispy and not too soft. Overall, this dessert has well-balanced and rich flavours.



I would say that the highlight of our visit here is the lamb dishes! Will definitely come back for the lamb! Therefore, I would recommend you to pay this cafe a visit and taste these lovely dishes! It is worth your money, definitely.

Feel free to share your thoughts with us! :) 

E & M


Labels:

Post a Comment



< O L D E R P O S T